One serving for a big appetite or shared for a normal serving. Packed with protein, iron and Vitamin B12, needed to produce healthy red blood cells, to carry oxygen around the body.
75g diced braising beef
2 small cooking chorizo sausages
1 clove garlic
½ white onion
½ tsp. cumin
½ smoked paprika
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. cinnamon
100ml beef stock
1 tin chopped tomatoes
50g red kidney beans tinned
10g butter beans tinned
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 handful baby spinach
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion. Roughly chop the chorizo sausage.
- Add the olive oil and beef to the saucepan along with a pinch of salt. Cook the beef until browned all over.
- Add the onion, garlic and chorizo to the beef and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, beef stock, kidney beans and butterbeans to the beef and bring to the boil. Add the chopped tomatoes and turn down to a gentle simmer and cook for 1 ½ hours or until the beef is tender. Once cooked adjust the seasoning and serve.
- Cook the rice, once cooked drain and fold in the spinach and serve.