A range of micronutrients, alongside the carbohydrates make this a healthy option. Contains a good serving of Vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant for cell protection.
180g porridge oats
200g mixed nuts of your choice (depending on choice from below)
80g mixed seeds of your choice (depending on choice from below)
80g coconut shavings
Pinch of salt
40g coconut oil
1 egg white
100g of dried fruit of your choice
Add these at method point 3
50g pecan nuts
50g macadamia nuts
40g whole almonds
50g dried cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 150oc.
- In a saucepan place the honey and coconut oil and heat gently until runny. Leave to one side to cool.
- In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients except for the dried fruit. This includes the selected granola mix below. Pour over the warmed honey.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mix over the tray and bake for 30-35 minutes. Once cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Mix in the dried fruit and give it all a good mix and store in an air tight container.