Excellent vegetable protein content, also supplying the slow-releasing (low-GI) carbs. Also bursting with micronutrients A dish with multiple functions!
300ml good quality vegetable stock
1 clove garlic
1cm piece of ginger
2 tbsp. soy
2 tsp. mirin
2 spring onions
1 bok choi
¼ red chilli
6 shitake mushrooms
60g dried noodles
2 tbsp. miso
1 sheet nori seaweed
- Finely chop the garlic and chilli. Grate the ginger. Slice the spring onions and finely slice the radish, bok choi and shitake mushrooms.
- Soft boil the egg, once cooked peel and set aside.
- Place the noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave the noodles to soak for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain the noodles and run under cold running water.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, chilli, garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute and then add the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Add the mushrooms, miso, mirin and soy to the stock and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and bok choi to the ramen to heat through.
- Serve the broth into a bowl. Add the spring onions and radish to the broth.
- Place the sheet of nori down one side of the bowl and slice the egg in half and place on top of the noodles and serve.